The Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning (CETL) is committed to student success at Minot State University. CETL provides a number of programs to assist with the success of MSU students, including a first-year experience learning communities, engaged teaching support for faculty and staff, campus and community engagement opportunities for students, and peer mentoring and peer tutoring services. CETL is committed to providing MSU students with an engaging and successful student experience.
The mission of the Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning at Minot State University is to provide opportunities and support for students, faculty, and staff, through engaged teaching and learning, to enhance the higher education experience and increase student success.
In support of this mission, CETL does the following:
- Provides first-year experience learning communities that connect students to their peers and faculty members, engage students with the campus and larger community, enhance students’ sense of belonging at MSU, communicate and facilitate student understanding of the academic expectations of the university, and enhance student competency in skills and capacities that are essential for success in higher education.
- Collaborates with faculty to provide professional development to the campus community regarding active learning and engagement opportunities.
- Facilitates the development of engagement opportunities – including active in-class learning, volunteer commitments, civic engagement opportunities, service learning projects, and internships — for all levels of students in all areas of study.
- Provides peer mentoring for first-year students, with an emphasis on supporting the transition into higher education.
- Provides tutoring services for students, in all levels and areas of study.
- Collaborates with Student Affairs staff to provide information and education regarding student support services offered at Minot State University.
>CETL Newsletter - November 2012
|Date||Time||Event or Deadline||Place|
|August 20, 2013||8:00am - 12:30pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 20, 2013||12:30pm - 5:00pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 20, 2013||1:30pm - 3:00pm||Transitions||MSU Campus Only|
|August 22, 2013||8:00am - 1:00pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 22, 2013||8:30am - 5:00pm||Transitions||Lostwood WildLife Refuge|
|August 22, 2013||12:30pm - 5:00pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 23, 2013||8:00am - 12:30pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 23, 2013||12:30pm - 5:00pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 26, 2013||8:00am - 12:30pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 26, 2013||12:30pm - 5:00pm||Transitions||Minot Community|
|August 26, 2013||9:30am - 11:00am||Transitions||MSU Campus Only|
|August 26, 2013||1:30pm - 3:00pm||Transitions||MSU Campus Only|
|September 11, 2013||Days of Service||Minot Community|
|September 12, 2013||Days of Service||Minot Community|