The Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning (CETL) is committed to student success at Minot State University.
CETL provides a number of programs to assist with the success of MSU students, including new student orientation, first-year experience learning communities, engaged teaching support for faculty and staff, campus and community engagement opportunitiesfor students, academic advising, peer mentoring and academic
assistance services. CETL is committed to providing MSU students with an engaging and successful student experience.
The mission of the Center for Engaged Teaching and Learning at Minot State University is to provide opportunities and support for students, faculty, and staff, through engaged teaching and learning, to enhance the higher education experience and increase student success.
In support of this mission, CETL does the following:
- Collaborates with curricular and co-curricular departments and offices in providing orientation programing which gives new students the appropriate transition to Minot State University, while providing a seamless transition to first-year programming,
- Provides first-year experience learning communities that connect students to their peers and faculty members, engage students with the campus and larger community, enhance students’ sense of belonging at MSU, communicate and facilitate student understanding of the academic expectations of the university, and enhance student competency in skills and capacities that are essential for success in higher education.
- Collaborates with faculty to provide professional development to the campus community regarding active learning and engagement opportunities.
- Facilitates the development of engagement opportunities – including active in-class learning, volunteer commitments, civic engagement opportunities, service learning projects, and internships — for all levels of students in all areas of study.
- Provides peer mentoring for first-year students, with an emphasis on supporting the transition into higher education.
- Provides peer tutoring services for students, focusing on high-risk and high-demand courses.
- Provides academic advising for Enhanced Success Program students, Bachelor of General Studies majors, and other students with general advising questions.
- Collaborates with academic departments to provide faculty and staff advisors with professional development opportunities and resources to assist with advising.
- Coordinate the Starfish Early Alert program to promote communication between instructors, students, advisors and student support services regarding attendance, academic and general concerns.
- Collaborates with Student Affairs staff to provide information and education regarding student support services offered at Minot State University.
- Co-coordinates CONNECT orientation, registration sessions, and Welcome Week programming for incoming first-year and transfer students.
|April 28, 2017||9:00 AM - 3:00PM||Orientation||MSU Campus|
|June 2, 2017||9:00 AM - 3:00PM||Orientation||MSU Campus|
|June 6, 2017||9:00 AM - 3:00PM||Orientation||MSU Campus|
|June 27, 2017||9:00 AM - 3:00PM||Orientation||MSU Campus|
|July 21, 2017||9:00 AM - 3:00PM||Orientation||MSU Campus|
|August 17, 2017||9:00 AM - 3:00PM||Orientation||MSU Campus|