Minor Driverís License Recertification
A minor under 18 who has had his/her license cancelled can secure a new driver's license in the following manner:
Option 1 ĖThe individual desires to obtain another minor driver's license (obtained before their 18th birthday). The individual must:
- Pass a permit test.
- Complete an approved driver education course.
- Hold the permit for the required time prior to completing the road test for an operator's license. The driver education course listed above must be completed prior to road testing.
- Pass the road test. The road test can not be scheduled until after the completion certificate has been received.
Option 2 - The minor may also choose to:
- Pass a permit test.
- Wait until he/she reaches age 18.
- Schedule and pass a road test.
Minot State University offers a noncredit Minor Driver License Recertification Internet Course to persons under the age of 18 who have had their drivers license cancelled by the North Dakota Department of Transportation. The course is approved for instruction in North Dakota pursuant to North Dakota Century code 39-06-01.1 and North Dakota Administrative Code Article 38-07. This course deals with driving behavior patterns that caused the cancellation of the minorís license. The minor is to examine his/her driving behavior and to make adjustments in his/her driving behavior.
The student has four (4) months from the registration date to complete all course activities. All tests must be passed with an 80% pass rate. The student is allowed multiple attempts to achieve the 80% rate.
Along with this course, the student is required to perform 30 hours of supervised driving with a parent. Print driving log with instructions.
What are the computer requirements for online courses?
- An Internet service provider (ISP).
- An active e-mail account.
- Blackboard is compatible with the following browsers:
PC Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7 or 8, Firefox 3.0 or 3.5, and all browsers must be Java enabled. Netscape is not supported.
MAC Browser: Safari 3.0 or 4.0, or Firefox 3.5
- We recommend a 56.6 KBS modem as a minimum.
- 512 MB RAM or greater.
- Windows XP is sufficient. For Macintosh users, MAC 10.4 operating system or higher.
- Mac iPAD or Mobile features are not recommended.
After your registration is complete, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for logging in to the Minor Driver License Recertification online course. Please use a valid e-mail address when registering. You may also contact your instructor, Howard Theige, if you have any questions regarding this program.
The cost of this course is $100.00. Print a course registration form.