Questions Commonly Asked at Career Fairs
Here are examples of questions that students could ask company representatives:
- What types of career opportunities does your organization offer?
- What majors does your organization typically hire? What kinds of positions do you offer in my major?
- What are the job responsibilities for that type of position?
- What are the most important qualities or characteristics you look for in hiring for that position?
- What are the most important skills necessary to do the job?
- What recommendations would you make for someone who would like to enter that field?
- Are you aware of related occupations that I would be qualified for with the background/major that I have or am planning to pursue?
- How did you get into the organization/career field? What is your background? How does it relate to the position?
- What are typical first-year assignments?
- Could I set up a time to visit you at your workplace to talk more about what you do?
- Do you know someone in your organization who does _______________________?
- Do you have co-op, internship or summer job opportunities for someone in my major?
- Do you know of other contacts who might be helpful to me?
- May I contact you if I need more information?