Tips and Tricks for the Job and Career Fair
- Be Prepared! Preparation is key to having a successful search at the job fair.
- Network! Make sure to even talk to people in line waiting for the same employer. The connections they have may land you your dream job!
- Always reflect on the fairs you attend. Ask yourself what went well and what can be improved on for the next job fair.
- Do not interrupt an employer that is working with another person.
- Make sure to not use the words "Um" or "Like" when talking to an employer.
- The goal of the fair should be to land an interview with the company, not an offer to work there. Some recruiters are not able to hire people at a job fair.
- Treat the job fair like an interview. Dress professional and carry yourself in a proper manner.