Apply for your passport on campus! EVERYONE is welcome: MSU students, faculty, staff and community members.
COME PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
All documents (except affidavits and altered documents) will be returned with your issued passport.
1. PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP. This could be an expired passport or an official, certified copy of your birth certificate, with a raised seal. If you do not have a certified copy, contact the Vital Records Division/State Health Department in the state in which you were born. Processing times are typically one to two weeks, so request yours now!
2. PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION. This could be one of the following:
Current Driver's License (out-of-state licenses must be accompanied by a second form of ID)
Military ID Card
Expired US Passport (if the applicant is 16 years or older)
State Issued Photo ID Card
Government Photo Employee Card
* social security cards are not sufficient
3. ONE PASSPORT PHOTO. Your photo must meet specific requirements, which are listed here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/
Passport photos will also be available for purchase at the drive for an additional $15.
4. FEES. The cost to apply for a new passport is approximately $135. The cost for a new passcard is approximately $55. Credit cards are not accepted as a form of payment at the Passport Drive. Please bring cash or 2 personal checks.
Application forms will be provided at the drive.