MSIS Admission Requirements and Instructions
Admission requirements in addition to COB and Graduate school:
- Undergraduate degree in CIS or MIS or
- Undergraduate degree in business, plus additional undergraduate MIS courses or
- Undergraduate degree, plus additional undergraduate business and MIS courses or
- Undergraduate degree, experience in MIS, plus additional undergraduate courses depending upon undergraduate degree
Admission Requirements and Instructions
- Completed MSU Graduate School Application. Applications must be submitted online. The Graduate School at Minot State University does not accept paper applications. To access the online application, please visit: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=ndusmingr. The exception to this is applications for re-admission (available on the Graduate School website).
- Requirements and Instructions. Detailed admission requirements and instructions can be found at www.minotstateu.edu/graduate/admission_01.shtml
- Statement of Purpose. Submit a concise (limited to 1,500 words) essay that describes your primary interest of study, your experiences related to that area of study, and your objectives in pursuing a graduate degree at Minot State University. In particular, your essay should be as specific as possible in describing your interests and should describe any relevant educational, research, commercial, government, or teaching experience. If you are applying for more than one program, you should submit a separate Statement of Purpose for each program.
- An admissions score of at least 400. This score is calculated as follows: Statement of Purpose score (total possible is 100 points) plus undergraduate last 60 semester hours grade point average times 100 (based on a 4.0 scale) plus the number of years of professional-level work experience times ten (up to a maximum of 100 points, applicants are required to submit a resume with evidence to support the number of years they want credited).
- Recommendation for acceptance from College of Business Graduate Faculty.