Get involved in our department clubs!
PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) and Media Ink will better prepare you with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed.
Learn how to promote local organizations and businesses by putting together media kits, working with news and radio media, and utilizing media communications tools to effectively advertise, market, and advocate in the communications field. Our members plan events like the annual Broadcasting Open House and promote local campus clubs/organizations in advertising and promoting their events around campus. This year we actively promoted the MSU Tunnel of Oppression event, which provided awareness of oppression to people of all races, genders, and sexual orientation.
So what are the perks in becoming a member of PRSSA?
- Be a part of a nationally recognized organization
- Go to national conferences held at different exciting locations across the country
- Learn how to promote and advocate in an efficient and ethical manner
- Make friends and have fun!
President: Amy Olson
Vice President: Juan Vadell
Secretary/Treasurer: Roy Whyte
Public Relations: Derek Hackett
For more information please contact Amy Olson at email@example.com or 701-721-3927.
Develop and broadcast media both on and off campus to increase your knowledge of communications in today's society. Our members attend annual MBNA Awards Conferences across the country to compete against the best broadcasting communications students in the region. Students produce events like Beaver Idol and Battle of the Bands on campus, and gain experience by participating in various programs and activities throughout the year like tailgating and the annual KMSU Auction. Participation in these events also awards students free trips to broadcasting conferences and other regional activities.
So why become a member of Media Ink?
- Produce campus events and learn to broadcast media effectively.
- Attend annual awards conferences across the country and other regional events.
- Be a part of the endless possibilities our growing department has to offer.
- Build your resume while having fun, and become a valued member MSU broadcasting department.
For more information please contact Kirsten Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-721-7215.