Academic Hall of Fame Nomination and Induction Timeline:
- Active solicitation of nominations begins in January, with a submission deadline of March 1.
- Members of the Academic Hall of Fame Committee (AHFC) who may be contacted for additional information include:
Dr. Gary Ross (email@example.com, 701.858.3291);
Dr. Cheryl Gilsen (firstname.lastname@example.org, 858-3196);
Dr. Deb Jensen (email@example.com, 701.858.3043); or
Dr. Eric Furuseth, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org, 701.858.3369).
- The AHFC will receive nomination packets from on and off campus at the following address:
Academic Hall of Fame Committee
Attn: Dr. Eric Furuseth
Div. of Humanities
Minot State University
500 University Avenue West
Minot, ND 58703
- The AHFC reviews nominations immediately after the March 1st deadline.
- The AHFC recommends a maximum of five finalists to the Faculty Senate, and will send letters to the five finalists, to make them aware they are being considered.
- Final selections for induction into the MSU Academic Hall of Fame will be made by the Faculty Senate at their first March meeting.
- Inductees will receive letters inviting them to an honor ceremony on the MSU campus immediately following the Senate decision.
- Inductee information will be added to a permanent Academic Hall of Fame display on campus.