General Proposal Routing Procedures
Before Completing the Appropriate Forms and Obtaining Signatures
- Discuss the proposal with all faculty members in your program before taking the signature form to your Chair for their signature.
- If the proposal (course) will be considered for General Education status, initial in the appropriate spot below the Chairís signature.
- Discuss the proposal with the Library Director if it will involve resource issues for the library.
- If the proposal will involve resource issues for the College, discuss them with the Dean.
At this point, the course is ready to be considered by the appropriate committees.
Committee Routing (reminder to submit 10 instructional days before committee meeting)
- Teacher Education Administrative Council (TEAC): If the proposal affects a BSE program.
- Graduate Council: If the proposal is Graduate level.
- Curriculum Committee: All proposals affecting department/division curriculum and catalog must go to this committee. Department representation is required to explain the proposal and answer questions. The Curriculum Committee Chairperson must receive the original forms before the meeting and will take the form to Senate provided it has passed Curriculum. If disapproved candidate may submit to Senate the unsigned form, be advised that all Curriculum Committee decisions are presented to the Senate.
- Faculty Senate: If approved by Curriculum, the Curriculum Chairperson takes the signed paperwork to Senate. Department representation is once again required.
If the proposal requires state approval this must be done prior to the change being made in PeopleSoft. Please contact the VPAAís office with questions. Click here to review state approval requirements.