Online Studies Committee
Dean of CEL, Student Government Association President, Student Services Representative, Online Advisor, Online Coordinator, Office of Instructional Technology (OIT) representative, Director of Information Technology Center (ITC), one adjunct faculty member and one full-time faculty member each with experience teaching for MSU Online, one college dean and one department chair. (See member list below)
Method of selection
The University President shall appoint the faculty members, department chair and dean.
Two-year term for faculty members
One-year term for dean and chair
- Method for filling a vacancy
The University President shall appoint appropriate replacements.
To submit recommendations to the Vice President of Academics for improvement of MSU Online. These recommendations shall pertain to:
- To provide guidance in the scheduling of online courses and workshops during the summer and the regular academic year.
- To examine the online curriculum continually for possible improvements.
- To recommend requests for development money to fund online undergraduate and graduate curriculum proposals.
- To study opportunities for improvement in MSU Online
- To assist in formulating policies involving MSU Online.
- Committee procedure:
- Members applying for online course development funds will not participate in a vote if one is needed.
Dan Ringrose for Conrad Davidson
Gary Rabe (ex-officio)